The Marmac Services Ltd Scope of Work includes the following although the list is indicative only and not exhaustive:
Replacement of Internal Lighting and Electrical Installation inside the Erskine Bridge Structure
1. All redundant cables, ducting and lighting columns located within the bridge structure shall be removed to a licensed recycling plant.
2. As an enhanced H&S precaution, all new electrical cabling, cabinets, lighting and other apparatus within the box girder shall meet Zone 2 requirements under the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Areas Regulations- 2002. (DSEAR).
3. The existing electrical network inside the box girder shall be removed and replaced with a new network complying with the BS7671:2008 inc. Amendment No. 1 2011. (17th Edition). Cabling shall be contained in new trunking, conduit and cable trays. All electrical design, selection of material, installation and testing shall comply with the regulations and referenced standards given in BS7671 Appendix 2 section 5 and shall be suitable for use in a DSEAR Zone 2 classified area.
4. The existing cable and ducting network within the bridge shall be replaced with a new cable network supported on cable ladders, cable trays and trunking. New permanent 110V maintenance power supply sockets with associated transformers, circuit protection and control shall be provided throughout the bridge length. The 6 no. existing 150mm dia. steel cable ducts running end to end inside the bridge shall be removed without damage to the internal cables, and replaced by new cable trays. There are 4 no. existing grey coloured UPVC ducts, each containing a fibre optic cable (BT Openreach) and 1No black coloured UPVC duct containing a fibre optic cable (Traffic Scotland), running the full length of the bridge. The grey UPVC ducts are intermittently routed through or attached to the exterior of the existing steel ducts which are to be removed. A black UPVC duct is also routed along the exterior of the steel ducts. The contractor is required to reposition these UPVC ducts (including internal fibre optic cable) onto the new cable tray. Where the fibre optic UPVC ducts are routed through the steel ducting, the duct route shall be identified and the fibre optic UPVC ducts shall be safely removed from the steel ducting and temporarily supported prior to final installation on new cable tray. Care shall be taken to avoid damage the existing fibre optical cables during the repositioning works. The redundant cables and ducting shall be removed from the bridge structure and taken to a licensed recycling plant. The existing service cables shall not be removed until the new services are installed and commissioned.
5. The existing luminaires inside the bridge structure shall be removed and replaced with new Zone 2 (minimum) shock/ vibration resistant luminaires with an IP66 rating and incorporate an LED light source. The new lighting shall be supplied with a new cable network supported by new galvanised trunking and cable ladders and cable ladders and cable trays as detailed in Table 7604AR.
6. The existing distribution boards shall be removed and replaced with new distribution boards in the same cells as the web access manholes. All distribution boards, and junction boxes, where installed within the bridge structure, shall be a minimum of Zone 2 compliant as per BS EN 60079. The new distribution boards will be fed from a new cable network.
7. Install 2No new 24V supply points for Clyde Port CCTV and install GF008UNI08LU Brand-Rex 8 core loose tube OS2 LSOH fibre optic cable with 15m slack at each end – Universal duct grade unitube able (UDU) cable between CCTV supply points on bridge and the Weigh in Motion room within the Admin Building.
8. The metered supply from feeder pillar GS02 shall feed all distribution boards in the bridge from the south abutment to bay 43B (8 no. three phase distribution boards No.DB1 to DB8), via isolation pillar GS06.
9. The existing Dalnottar control pillar GS08 shall feed all distribution boards from the north abutment to the distribution board in bay 40B (9no.three phase distribution boards numbered DB17 to DB9) via isolation pillar GS07.
10. New permanent 110V power supply sockets shall be provided throughout the bridge length. 2 No shall be installed in each bridge cell, plus a further at each distribution board.
11. The redundant cables and ducting shall be removed from the bridge structure and taken to a licensed recycling plant. The supply cables inside the bridge from GS05 and GS07 throughout out the bridge to the distribution boards shall be multicore fire resistant LSZH/GSWB/EPR type cables. All the service cables will be MG-TQ type cables.
Note: Existing service cables shall not be removed until the new services are installed and commissioned.
Former Toll Tunnel- Replacement Sump Pump and Cable
12. Enlarge existing drainage sump, within toll tunnel. Remove existing sump pump and Install new single phase sump pump and non-return outlet valve. The existing SWA cable shall be removed and replaced with new XIA cable including submersible glands. Install RCBO protection to circuit at distribution board and additional isolation switch at tunnel access entrance point inside administration building.
Former Toll Tunnel- Lighting
13. Install new light switch in room adjacent to toll tunnel access manhole within administration building.
Replacement of Internal Lighting and Electrical Installation inside the North Abutment Valve Chamber
14. The existing electrical network inside the valve chamber at the north abutment of the bridge shall be replaced with a new network complying with the BS7671:2008 inc. Amendment No. 1 2011 (17th Edition). Cabling shall be contained in new trunking and conduit.
15. The existing lighting inside the valve room shall be replaced with 18No new Zone 2 shock resistant LED lanterns with an IP65 rating.
16. Install new permanent power supply at the foot of each bridge tower for the operation of the tower man rider and wraparound platforms.
Replacement of North Abutment Underpass Lighting and Electrical Installation
17. The electrical installation within the north abutment underpass shall be upgraded in accordance with BS7671:2008 inc. Amendment No. 1 2011 (IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regulations). The existing underpass luminaires and covers shall be replaced with LED luminaires. The luminaires shall be switched via SELC solar time clock.
CCTV cameras for Clyde Port Authorities.
18. Install new zone 2 connection boxes fitted with GF008UNI08LU Brand-Rex 8 core loose tube OS2 LSOH fibre optic cable – Universal duct grade unitube (UDU) cable with 15m lead for IP Camera and 2 number 24VDC Power leads supplied from DB9 in cell 37A. IP Camera shall be installed by Network Video Technologies Ltd on behalf of Clyde Port Authority.
19. Install new zone 2 connection boxes fitted with GF008UNI08LU Brand-Rex 8 core loose cable OS2 LSOH fibre optic cable – Universal duct grade unitube (UDU) cable with 15m lead for IP Camera and 2 number 24VDC Power leads supplied from DB7 in cell 49B. IP Camera shall be installed by NVT on behalf of CPA.
20. DB7 and DB9 shall be equipped to supply the IPCCTV and relays with 24VDC.
21. Install GF008UNI08LU Brand-Rex 8 core loose tube OS2 LSOH fibre optic cable – Universal duct grade unitube (UDU) cable with 15m lead at both ends, between relay in cell 37A and call 49B.
22. Install GF008UNI08LU Brand-Rex 8 core loose tube OS2 LSOH fibre optic cable – Universal duct grade unitube (UDU) cable with 15m lead at both ends between relay in cell 49B and relay in Admin Building. Use the new ducts installed for main supply cables on the southbound verge.